Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary Range: $36–$39/hr. Prevailing Wage
Hicks Striping & Curbing, an InfraStripe Company
Established in 1969, primarily involved in parking lot striping, Hicks Striping & Curbing, an InfraStripe Company, has evolved into a major supplier of all facets of pavement marking, including street and highway painted and durable markings, airport markings, wet reflective striping, profiled pavement marking, legends and drainage curbs. We also construct parking lot extruded concrete curbs, wheel stops, painted markings, handicap markings, tactile warnings, and signage.
Under the immediate direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the preparation and execution of projects to stripe roadways using Long Liner trucks and Walk-Behind Machines. This position will lead a team that works on highway and surface street projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team to complete striping projects on public highways and streets.
- Read blueprints and delegate workload.
- Interact and communicate with inspectors to ensure completion of assigned tasks, ODOT knowledge is preferred.
- Follow company and state guidelines for effective, safe well managed work zones.
- Wear all required safety equipment.
- Cleaning and prepping asphalt before applying materials.
- Clean & prep work.
- Safely handle hot binding materials.
- Properly follow direction given by Operations Manager.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Experience with leadership in Highway Construction is preferred.
- Excellent attendance required, dependable transportation, good work ethic.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Successfully pass a background/ drug screen and meet Federal DOT requirements.
- Awareness of the occupational hazards associated with roadway work.
- Ability to be a vital part of our TEAM.
- Responsibility for performing tasks individually when required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- CDL is preferred. (all of the long line trucks and marker trucks require CDL)
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
- Must reflect a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work overtime, days, and nights.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This position will be based in Salem, OR.
Relocation assistance is available, on a case by case basis.
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; moving equipment and machinery parts; moving traffic, and fumes and airborne particles.
- Dealing with traveling public effectively.
- Noise level of the work environment is usually moderate/loud.
- Regularly required to stand/walk; reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Hicks Striping & Curbing, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- First and last name
- Address (street, city, state, zip code)
- Phone number
- Resume (if applicable)